Sunday 16 December 2012

FEVISTRUCK!!!

Early young days.. where school was nothing more than innocence and home was nothing more than a trail and error station.. I had this fad for Straight...Lonnggg Hair..

Every time Zeenat Aman came on the TV Screen, I would wonder what made God be so kind to her and present her with such beautiful locks and not me!

My astonishment slowly turned to envy and that's when I decided I would challenge God this time and turn my "Ugly Springy Braid" to a bunch of "Lovely Tresses"

That's when I teamed up with a "Yo" classmate of mine and stepped into a salon for the first time ever since I was born and gazed at women with Colorful faces!



Just when my world of Imagination was sprouting up, I had to rush out of the salon as the same world of Imagination came crashing down when I found my own aunt sitting on one of those chairs !

Fearing I would be complained about to my mom for stepping into "Adult Zone", I gave up on my reverie of long hair.. But just when I was running out of the Salon, I bumped into an image which gave birth to my boundless horizon of trail and error methods of Hair-Straightening!

All I saw was something like this..
And, there I flew! into this world where I mistook the hair-coloring process(which I obviously realized years later) to a hair-straightening process!
And, Home I Came! 

I took the foil roll (historically which was only used until now in our sandwich boxes), cut it into small rectangular boxes and applied some (Ahem-Ahem..) fevicol to the edges and took small portions of my washed and combed tresses and "stuck" my hair to the foil and neatly folded the same on the upper sides. So that, "It Remains the same once dry". I did the entire procedure for all my hair and used most of the fevicol as my greed increased with time.I took a whole 4 hours and not only did I end up with completely damaged "glued" hair(although they did STAND straight!) but also with sore painful arms which were doing all the hard work without rest.

End Result: NO Hair! As, my scalp was in a complete mess I was rescued by my petrified Mother who later had to take me to the same salon for a Complete Make-Over ! (Hope you got my Point!)

Moral of the Story: Please don't trade-off some OK-looking hair for Straighter Hair as you might just land up with NO HAIR!

Your beauty is defined by the One sitting up there... Don't Finger it!!

This post is in response towards the contest "The Straight Hair Experiment" on IndiBlogger

3 comments:

  1. hahaha....... reminds me of some of my juvenile travails ... loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really funny.. Can't imagine you doing this Rakiya.

    ReplyDelete