Sunday 14 December 2014

I love You !! Oh Water.. You changed my life in a way you dint change any other !!

Fear !!
This was one word which dominated my childhood. Water being the most important part of our life was a day to day fight for me as I had to face this trauma every time I used the loo or drank a big glass of water!
Yes !! I was told by our family doctor that I was a victim of Aqua-phobia.
A big dark man with a blue eyes !! This was my sight constantly when I took a few extra seconds to drink a mug full of water..
Having a bath required both my Mom and Dad stand next to me as if I am going to the podium and giving a speech and require constant motivation and backing.
Seeing my mother cry for me shattered me even afterI grew 15 years old.
Slowly, the phobia turned into a big obstacle in my life as my biggest supporters , my parents, gave up on me which was very very obvious because of the fact that this was a very obnoxious, unmanageable health concern.
Time passed by.. and this fear tried to bury itself inside me as my conscience did not allow me to bother my parents any more.
Having a bath required all the lights being switched on even in the greatest of sunlight..and not locking the bath door often resulting in numerous dilemmas. A bucket of water frightened me forever. I had no way out!! Time and again, I lost a lot of my friends because of this unsaid crisis in my life.
The most inevitable time in a woman's life is her marriage!! This was the time I panicked the most regarding my secret malady. I spent sleepless nights imagining the mockery I might have to go through when I would disclose my phobia to my husband.
The day I opened my heart out to my loving husband who is an adventure lover was one of those days when we were in The Havelock Islands(which was definitely not my choice for obvious reasons) for our honeymoon.. but I definitely could not do any thing about it..
My husband heard me patiently and took me to the place where there was nothing!! But Water.. It was the Radhanagar beach which had waited.. for 27 long years to let me come and flow out all my fear into its never ending waters..
My husband held the water in his hand and let it go.. and made me do the same just made me feel like how I wasted my 27 years behind this imaginary fear which just could not even stay in a persons hand for a few seconds.. It stayed my whole life!!!

That moment changed my life and how... My husband took me for a wonderful under-water diving session for 20 minutes along with a professional diver and that's when I realized that it was not a fear of water.. It was fear of imagination which had ruined my childhood, my teenage.. but here I was... living every lost moment, every given up second..

Here is one picture I feel deserves a look!!
(Picture Courtesy: my Camera- head held high!!!)
PS: Please look at my husbands face more proud than me!! :)

Please click on this link https://www.facebook.com/mountaindewindia  for more such stories!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there walkdownmemoire information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO

    ReplyDelete